I’m going to get straight into my happy news this week, I’ve got the Brits on catch up in the background and all I’m really waiting for is Adele. So it’s that time again where I’m finding my favourite positive news stories to show the world that there is a lot of love and happiness out there! Have a very happy weekend…
- TV’s baddie Simon Cowell donates £20,000 to help save a sick toddler’s life, and raises a lot of awareness in the process. You might be cynical, but in a world of negative celeb news, I think this is rather lovely. There’s no doubt Simon’s softened now he has his own little boy and he donated the money to cancer sufferer Kian Musgrove to fly him out to a specialist in the US. I really hope Kian raises the money he needs and gets better soon. a
- This is so cute, a Starbucks barista learnt sign language to communicate with a regular deaf customer. Ibby Piracha was amazed when he arrived to get his normal coffee and she was able to greet him. Before this, he always had to write out his order on his phone. I’m raising my coffee to him in the photo above! a
- A couple who celebrated their 82nd wedding anniversary (how insane is that?!) shared their secrets to a happy marriage: respect, affection and not sweating the small stuff. I absolutely love these sorts of stories, people like this couple are inspiring. They celebrated the day with their children, right through to their great, great, great grandchildren. a
- US police are to learn compassion as part of a new scheme. I have such respect for the police and think they sometimes get a bit of a roasting by the public, that they definitely don’t all deserve. It must be a really tough, stressful job. But there’s no doubting that sometimes they get it wrong, particularly in the US. So I think this is a brilliant idea, the compassion training, including meditation and non-violent communication, will begin in Kentucky and is expected to be rolled out throughout the states. A UK team are also looking into this at the moment, so fingers crossed it comes over here too. a a
- An American blogger is giving fans the insight into Hogwarts that they’re desperate for as the Muggle IT guy. His Tumblr page includes imaginary tales of life at the wizarding school, conversations with living paintings and installing Wi-Fi under the Great Lake. But all through the eyes of a muggle. It’s such a brilliant idea, I’ve never thought about the lack of internet at the castle, it seems this guy’s solved it all.
And finally, this is by far my favourite moment of the week. I know I’ve already included an Adele video in one of these previous posts, but my heart just melted at this moment from the Brits. Her boyfriend, who is so often hidden from the public, mouths ‘I love you’ whilst looking up in pride at his partner.